urban jungle - beta - priveste orasul campaign illustration


I'm so, so excited about this collaboration that I can't even contain myself. I was asked by BETA / Bienala Timișoreană de Arhitectură, to be a part of their campaign called Privește Orașul (Observe the city) and being a devoted lover of this city, of course I was on board from the get go. The project revolves around locals telling their personal stories or a personal experience about the city.

The urban jungle - illustration for BETA's campaign - Privește Orașul / story by Horia Colibășanu - watercolour on paper | 30x32 cm

My story was from a well known mountain climber, Horia Colibășanu, who talks about his urban adventures while riding his bike to work. You can read it in full on the campaign's site - Priveste Orasul > Ilustratii. I loved his story from the start, because it was so honest and comically optimistic about some, not so great, but real parts and everyday situations that happen in this city.


So read the story, then try to find all the small details from it in the illustration. If you know the city of Timișoara well, I've added some small easter eggs for you too. 


There are ten illustrations to be made by ten different local artists, and people from the city are invited to write their one story, theirs might just get picked to be put on paper.



Comments

Popular Posts