the throwback photo


Since it's Thursday, today's post will fit just right with the TBT tag. A fellow artist and dear friend (seriously, you should check her art) asked me to help her with a different-kind of portrait for her dad's birthday. Now, I've worked with photos from which I drew all the features I needed to recreate the characters, then I've imagined a story around them based on their descriptions, moments, likes or places they loved going to. But this time, I've had to recreate a moment after a specific photo, set back all the way into the late 80's, early 90's. I've done this type of throwback portrait before, but this one struck a cord with me, since I could relate so easily with it. I think everyone locally, can do that as well.

The throwback photo - custom portrait - watercolour on paper | 29,7x21 cm


And here's the inspiration photo next to the drawing. Photo courtesy of the sweet Nicoleta Stoian.


Comments

Popular Posts