strapped


I made these three corsets as part of my Papercut project and I kind of wanted to take it to the next level and challenge the creative process a bit more. Being a school project, we were asked to make some kind of mannequins for an exhibition and we had to make them more "artistic-looking". So I thought I could make them like the corset from the Papercut Collection, only this time from cardboard. And I wanted them to still be wearable, but it was a bit tricky because I had to incorporate the head as well. In the end they came out looking a bit more fetish, sanatorium, mummy like which was kind of inevitable. The process of putting them on, having them over the head, closed in very tight, felt like I was caged, strapped, it almost corrects you into a straight position... it's really dubious. Well, no more talk, here are the pictures, I hope you like them.

Photographer: Ina Muntean
Model & mua: me
Design and clothing: me


You can see pictures from the exhibition HERE.

Popular Posts