my parents


I've started the Creatures with features project by illustrating my friends in cute, childish portraits (as you can see here & here) and since then, I've come a long way, growing with each story and personality that I had to portray. I've come to the shocking realisation that I've missed o couple of people in this journey: my parents. So this was my Christmas gift to them.

Mom and dad - custom portrait - watercolour on paper | 23 x 19 cm

I wanted to do this for them, as a way of saying "thank you" for never giving up on me. And just let me say, letting your kid choose its own path is not easy, especially when they want to be an artist. Just because it can get so hard at times, with a large amount of work to put it and not so much recognition. But I feel fortunate with every opportunity I get and to be doing this daily is more than I could have asked for. So thanks mom and dad, this one's for you. 


  • Mom: red hair, bob-cut, hand(mom)made pendant with traditional Romanian pattern, flats 
  • Dad: cap & vest, glasses, trademark smile, photo camera, landmarks from my hometown Timisoara



For all you TM-city lovers around, let me know how many buildings from the background can you name.




Comments

Popular Posts