snakelady - tattoo design


As I say to everyone who writes to me about custom work, it's tricky with tattoos. I'm not going to lie, this was a challenging project and a long process to get it done. But it was done. And I quite like the end result. Since it was a custom order, the illustration's concept does not belong to me, and the story behind it was quite complex, there were a lot of very personal elements that needed to all fit together harmoniously.  But we made it happen. And in a nutshell... it was a trip. 



The client wanted more vibrant, disco, neon colours, but I quite like the muted, earth tones and the contrast between the red and the green shades (which always looks good).  So I thought I'd share this version. Oh, and also, we also had a few sketches done to get to the final form, but these last two ones look quite well, in my opinion. I guess you can tell which made the last cut, but I kind of like the one that didn't make it as well. One is a bit more fairytale, more dreamy and the other is fierce.




I can't wait to see how it will look under the skin, hopefully, I'll have some pictures to share with all of y'all.

footer-dushky

Comments

Popular Posts