linear neon bird - diy custom wood painting



 It's been a while since I've made any kind of custom-painted works but I recently got a wonderful new opportunity to work with Schenider's new line of paint markers and that just gave me the creative boost I needed. Looking back, I don't know why I stopped working on custom projects, but I think it was somewhere along the lines of frustration and a lot of time consumption. And not to diss anyone, but it's a bit more fun and relaxing when I'm making these for myself. No pressure. No deadlines. Just some good time spent creatively. I didn't really know at first what I wanted to do in terms of concepts, but I knew I wanted something within the styles that I adopt in any other of my illustrations. And the challenge to be in this new medium and explore new or "unfamiliar" surfaces. 

So for this first project, I found two slabs of wood that I've kept stored away since forever. I've had them from when I used to paint cute portraits on wood, right when the Different-kind-of-Portrait project was in its very beginnings. And in terms of markers, I got a range of colours but two palettes stuck out, some very bright, saturated colours and some very nice pastels, so then these were my two themes. What you see here today, is the "neon" version. It contrasts so well with the dark background, I'm loving the result. I hope to hang it on my art wall soon.





I've also started posting videos of my work in process over on Instagram & Tiktok, so you can follow me there for more updates from "behind the scenes". Here's the video of the custom bird on Tiktok:
@dushky.art A diy custom-painted wooden plate using the Schneider Paint It markers #dushky #dushkyart #schneidermakersline #acrylicmarkers #diy #custom #custompainting #painting #bird #wood #color #illustrationart ♬ She Share Story (for Vlog) - 山口夕依

footer-dushky

Comments

Popular Posts