natasha and masha owls - beer label designs


 Before anyone says anything or jumps to rash conclusions let me just give a disclaimer here, these illustrations have nothing to do with current events, we've created these labels a year ago, the fact that I'm posting them just now is all on me, and if you've been here long enough you know I have a history of not posting things on time. It's hard to not have mixed feelings about everything right now, but in the end, I hope that everything will be ok. In whichever way or despite everything, I have to say, these are still in my top favourite Owl labels. It's something about the simplicity of the design that makes them look really cool. 




The design was inspired, as always, by where the hops originate from, or their type, the beer style or the ingredients they put in, after which the guys over at Owl Brewery choose a particular owl from that area. I've completely drawn these on my tablet, I had finally gained some confidence in my digital drawing skills to do so (and it paid off in my opinion, but I don't want to brag, I know I still have a loooong way to go). I kept the colour palette to a minimum and overall look flat and 2D with a few textures here and there and the rest is history. They made two different beers, hence the two different colour versions. 


footer-dushky

Comments

Popular Posts