the bobbleheads



 Well, well, well... Look who finally got along with the times! I can't believe it either and yet, here we are. I've finally managed to get to post a portrait from this year. Progress people, this is progress. I'll admit, it's one from January, but the goal is to get up-to-date by the end of the year. Or at least one month behind, because sometimes I have to wait, for some of these illustrations are gifts and I don't want to spoil any surprises. 

But editing real-time will take me so much longer because lately, I've been filming (yeah, you've heard that right) some of my progress and while I learn to develop a new skill (that of a video editor) if I didn't already have enough on my plate, it's probably going to set me back with posting... again. I have some frustrations on this part, about the fact that there are so many platforms, each with its own type of content and I, as an artist, have to be present there. And not only do I have to be present but I have to be active too. And after spending hours today, and the days before, editing the same art in different formats, different resolutions, writing posts, scheduling posts, answering emails and messages, wasting countless hours on platforms that just won't work... I'm kind of burned out. And I haven't even got any actual drawing work done today. Not my best day to say the least.

But I've digressed. Today's Different-Kind-Of-Portrait is quite special, not only because it is the first one of this year but because it is done in the style of my very first portraits of the kind. It was fun and quite difficult at the same time, to set my brain to go back and draw the characters in the more simplistic way that I drew them over 9 years ago. 





footer-dushky

Comments

Popular Posts