deconstructed moon & sun - tattoo designs



 I was commissioned a while ago to do these designs for two sisters, who wanted to get some matching tattoos but at the same time, have a little bit of something that represents each of them. Hence the sun and the moon. I loved this idea from the get-go and I really loved that they wanted me to deconstruct the elements, which is my favourite thing to do when designing tattoos. I also had a lot of fun experimenting with digital watercolour brushes, I used to think they never looked as good as the real thing but nowadays they've come pretty close. I'll let you in on a secret, I'm really afraid I'm gonna get so used to this medium that I will strain away slowly from traditional drawing and painting, and that scares me a little bit. But I do want to get better at drawing digitally as well, so I'm torn between the two. Luckily I have so much time ahead to play with both. Until the next project, here's the deconstructed moon and sun.







footer-dushky

Comments

Popular Posts