loki season 2 - poster illustration

 This project is definitely the highlight of my year and a definite milestone in my career as an artist. I got the chance to collaborate with Marvel in creating an illustration for the second season of the Loki series on Disney Plus. I couldn't even begin to say how much of a dream come true this is for me. Many of you probably don't know this, but my first post on this blog was about how I started drawing at a very young age. In a nutshell, I was in kindergarten and I started tracing Disney princesses from the comic books I had at home because I wanted to draw something other than stick figures with houses and a sun in the corner. And I've never stopped since. My love for superheroes, princesses and fantasy worlds didn't end there either, I've pretty much seen every MCU movie out there so yeah, when I say this collab was a big deal for me, I don't say it lightly. 

The story behind the paper is quite interesting, I had to create a piece inspired by the Loki series and his experience at the TVA (if you've seen season one, then you know what I'm talking about) but the twist was to create the design in the style of a significant art era, and for me, that was Cubism. It fitted me like a glove since I like deconstructing things in my art anyway, and I thought it was very fitting for the show and the character's ark. The core concept behind Cubism is that it allows objects to be seen from different angles and perspectives in one image, deconstructing objects to their basic geometric forms. Loki's character is also a multi-faceted persona, he jumps from various timelines into the multiverse where he exists in various forms at the same time. 




So here's the poster, hope you like it. Make sure to check out my Instagram and TikTok pages to see the videos behind the art and get more real-time stories about the project. 



footer-dushky

Comments

Popular Posts