linear planetary life system - tattoo design



 Sometimes making custom designs is hard, especially tattoo designs because they usually have to mean something and a lot of times they have to mean a lot, but sometimes that "a lot" can work its way into one piece quite nicely. When I got asked to do this illustration I thought there was no way that I can fit all those elements together and make them look good, but what can I say, I love a challenge. Also, the fact that it was about planets and science really helped boost my confidence in doing this. I mean I had to do it. For the sake of science. One more digital illustration experiment for the books.

And now that I look at the result, I really, really like how it turned out. And I also like the way we played with the colours. Initially, we were going for watercolours but I thought that might be a bit too much since the design was so complex, so I suggested a flat colour fill for just some of the elements and because I have OCD, they had to be rainbow colour-coordinated. I haven't seen the finished tattoo result yet, I hope it turned out awesomely. 




footer-dushky

Comments

Popular Posts