the magical forest




 Today's different-kind-of-portrait is quite magical, I've had loads of fun working on this piece. Ever since the client told me about the concept I was excited to get to work. I love working on environments and landscape backgrounds in watercolour, mainly because I want to get more practice done in that area, and every chance I get to do so is a win for me. We also got set on this blue-purple colour scheme and that was also something I really wanted to work with, a limited colour palette and multiple layers of different shades of the same colour. The mood I was going for was this fantasy, whimsical, magical place with creative, irregular shapes and patterns, the kind you see in children's books' illustrations. Hope I did it justice.



You can see the video behind the paper on my TikTok account.


footer-dushky

Comments

Popular Posts