fall and flow


Another painting exercise, but this one had a more psychological feel to it. Literally and metaphorically, these are two basic principles, flow and fall (ro. curgere şi cădere). Flow is something with rhythm and very dynamic and fall, the same, but has a vertical notion whereas flow, a horizontal one. The catch of this whole story is that if you turn the image around, flow can be fall and fall can be flow. It depends on how you look at it.
I used tempera for these paintings just because of it's flat colour coat and also because it's very easy to work with. Just to make things clear, I did not draw or coloured these digitally, I'm all about traditional art. I admit I had fun solving this riddle, the monochrome concept was also very inspiring.



tempera on paper 25 x 70 cm


sketches


markers on paper 21 x 29,7 cm



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts